Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Woes of Physics

Studying for physics is an extremely stressful process. There is a lot of material which you have to learn quite thoroughly in a short amount of time because you obviously couldn't understand anything in lecture or homework. The amount of equations you have to derive, and techniques you have to learn is mind-boggling. This is probably why most people do poorly on physics tests: there's just so much you need to learn, and so little time. Most people simply end up plugging and chugging. Of course, this works wonders on tests, but I refuse to do this actively. So, I guess I'll have to continue suffering, trying to learn most of electrodynamics in the 4 hours of study time I have tommorow.

I'm not sure who to blame: myself for not learning the material well enough, or my teachers for teaching it very poorly (after all, if I am not the only one struggling in this class). I think I'll blame it on myself.

No comments: