Monday, May 15, 2006

This is What Studying Physics Feels Like:

While I was trying to figure out whether I should be using radians or degrees to figure out the intensity of a diffraction/interference pattern at 5 degrees from the center of a screen, this ant queen sort of stumbled into my room. It sort of wandered about for about 3 minutes on my physics textbook, so I took a picture. Apparently, this ant queen was very camera shy because shortly after I took a picture it started frantically running about, so I decided to stop torturing the poor thing and let it out. It's funny, but sometimes I feel just like the ant queen did while it was wandering around my physics textbook: stumbling upon equations and formulas, trying to tackle something of enourmous proportion. I especially feel that way now that I have to learn most of quantum mechanics in one day (I have a test the day after tommorow). Oh well, I at least have to give it a try...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a really, really cool picture. You're brave, I would've been scared if that insect had walked (flown?) into my study!

Julenka said...

UPDATE: It turns out that that insect was actually a termite queen, and I probably should have killed it instead of releasing it. Hm...maybe it was trying to eat my physics homework...that would be quite a story now wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»