Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Rafting the Allegheny

Me, Chris and Bryan on a test launch

I sort of plopped into this adventure by accident. I overheard two grad students in the HCI office talking about a rafting trip, asked them about it, got invited, and now I'm here. We (Chris, Bryan and I) built a 6 x 9 ft raft and are going to spend three days floating down the Allegheny river on it. The car is packed (complete with stuffed trunk and giant raft on top), and I'm heading over to Chris's in about 5 hours.

We are going to be floating until Saturday, and I will write more when I get back. But, you can look at photos of the building process and track our progress as we float along the river (assuming we get cell phone reception) at www.alleghenyrafters.com.

This should be an interesting experience. I wonder what sorts of crazy things will happen...Can't wait to write about the results of this experience (both building and floating).

No comments: