Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Why Staying Home is Good


Having one day off from school can be a bit boring, but in addition to giving me time to catch up with my impossibly busy schedule, this day off lets me make whatever lunches I want. Today, I opted for chicken drumsticks with garlic bread and a fresh tomato salad.
The food tasted pretty good, but the best part of the meal was the preperation. I had plenty of fun making my simple (yet succulent) salad, and topping off my slices of French bread with the garlic butter I'd prepared just moments before was quite fun. It's nice to have a day off when you can construct an idea (in this case, it was a meal) in your head, and then make it happen.

It's a nice feeling.

2 comments:

Jonathan McKay said...

How can you torture me with such while I am imprisoned with daily rations from the 8? I definitely need to break the door down and have homemade lunch with you someday.

Julenka said...

Haha. I'm actually not that great of a cook. In fact, I can't cook. This was actually just a lucky post. However, I wouldn't mind some Indian food, or perhaps to venture out to perhaps an even more original cuisine sometime.